Collab™ Learning Studio Pods
Collab™ (short for “Collaboration”) are Learning Studio Pods—interactive conference tables shaped for the group dynamics of collaborative learning. These triangular tables—or Pods for Learning Studios—are springing up in universities across the nation and around the world. CBT SMARTdesks has been a proponent of the Learning Studio concept and spaces that make use of flexible student arrangement and multi-use computer and laptop desks, featuring genuine flipIT products.
- Studies point to these attributes for a successful Learning Studio space:
- Engagement: Learning Studios must facilitate a direct, conversational relationship between students and faculty, provide easy access to technology, avoid passivity and isolation, and promote instead, active student engagement.
- Participation: Learning Studios enable small group discussion and faculty circulation around the room, creating a dynamic, supportive environment that encourages participation.
- Flexibility: Learning Studios give faculty the freedom to use a variety of teaching styles at will and employ a wider range of tools and methods to reach their students.
- Self-directed Learning: Learning Studios give students ready access to the Internet and online course materials for independent study.
- Inviting Environment: Learning Studios are comfortable, modern spaces that are different from a “traditional classroom” such that students commit to the mission of learning in the Learning Studio space, and live up to higher expectations.
- 25 years: Thermofused Laminate
- 10 years: Locks
- 5 years: Nova Downview technology with flat panel monitor or CRT, Flat Panel Display Security Arm, drawer slides, high pressure laminate, castors, fabrics, metal frame doors, electrical components, PVC extrusions, adjustable surface mechanisms and accessories
- 2 years: Nova Trolley H-class with Intelligent Motion Technology and flipIT® FIK, FIH, FIL products: first year of warranty for parts and labor; second year limited parts warranty.